About John van Steyn
In practice since 1986, I have extensive experience in working with individuals and couples. My style is supportive, positive and sincere. I offer traditional therapeutic approaches as well as integrating hypnotherapy and mindfulness-based practices to help my clients overcome life’s challenges.
Most people seek counselling because something in their life is out of balance. Taking action toward change in our lives is never easy and many people benefit from the guidance of a competent counsellor. If you choose van Steyn Counselling, you will receive my counselling guarantee, which is:
- I will provide a safe, respectful, comfortable and confidential counselling environment.
- I will listen. My clients decide where they want to go in counselling. I help them get there.
- I will never judge or criticize.
QUALIFICATIONS & PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATIONS:
- Master of Social Work, University of Toronto (1986)
- Bachelor of Social Work, University of Western Ontario (1984)
- Qualified hypnotherapist
- Qualified Meditation Teacher
- Member, Ontario College of Social Workers & Social Service Workers
- Member, Canadian Society of Clinical Hypnosis – Ontario Division
- Member, Ontario Association of Social Workers.